Friday, December 30, 2005

ames is coming!


he'll be at the next sit n spin.... maybe you will too...

thursday january 5, 2006 with:
keith blaney
andrea abbate
jonathan ames
mark miller
dan martin
rick overton
and a surprise musical guest

sit n spin takes place every other thursday at 8 pm at the comedy central stage at the hudson theatre - 6539 santa monica blvd - hollywood, 90038 call for reservations ~ the show is incredibly free! 323-960-5519

3 comments:

Erik said...

When I was in eighth grade, I became obsessed with the Real Live Brady Bunch at the Westwood Playhouse. I lived about an hour away, in Orange County, and I got my mom to take me to the show 3 or 4 times. After my mom stopped agreeing to take me, I started convincing other various family members to drive me up to see the show (I didn't have my driver's licence yet). All in all, I think I saw the show about twelve times. I'm a Six Feet Under fan, and right now I'm in the middle of reading your book, "tiny Ladies." (It was on my Hanukkah list.) Anyway, the reason I'm posting a comment to this post, other than to say you're cool, is that I was hoping you could tell me how one (i.e. "how I") might submit to Sit 'n Spin? Thanks, Erik (dimsumday@aol.com)

Hillary said...

Wow how cool that you saw the RLBB at th Westwood Playhouse. That was mucho long ago. Thank you for all of your kind words about the show and 6 feet and the book. I will give your email address to the person who reads submissions. Although I think they're pretty backed up now.

Erik said...

Thank you for passing on my email address--that's awesome. I'm deeper into your book now. The Shoemaker's Daughters chapter--the moment when your dad said that people are flawed?--oy, that killed me. Maybe I have father issues (and I do), but it's a great essay. On a completely unrelated note, Just One of the Guys is on TV right now. Whatever happened to Billy Zapka?