

I will be doing something like stand-up comedy at the vodka latka event linked to somewhere in this post. I don't even remember how to make links because I haven't blogged in so long. I wonder how many blogs there are where people get all excited and blog every day and then there isn't anything since March 2005. For awhile I was using this space to pour out my most rant-riffic thoughts, then my friend Becky and I got in a huge fight in the comments section of some stuff I wrote about working moms vs. stay at home moms. She accused me of calling all stay-at-home moms whores which I vehemently denied but now sounds like something I wish I would have said.
Why did I take her criticism so seriously? Why did it make me stop blogging? It's probably better to not blog than to blog, right? Anyway, since that time I have only been using my blog to advertise my jewy events, so I don't think anyone even reads it anymore. Which leads me to wanting to spew out my innermost thoughts in this outermost forum.
Mood today: sluggish, extreme hatred of kendra, extreme love for bridget and holly
Anyway, please note that if you come to see me perform I will be very inappropriately calling out Isla Fisher. Isla Fisher, if you're masturgoogling, I suggest you prepare yourself. Then come to Vodka Latka on December 13th ready to fight. Also, as of this writing, it is somewhat possible elliot yamin will be joining me onstage...
PJA, JDub Records, & Reboot
invite you to the 10th annual
Vodka Latka: Festival of Rights
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Celebrate the holiday in a night of revelry featuring folk –punk rockers
Golem
Local social justice activists share a “right” they fight for during
PJA’s Social Justice Menorah-Lighting
Hanukah’s tale is spun through the minds of
comedians in Heaping Hanukkah
hosted by Ronna and Bev
featuring Jill Soloway, Eric Schwartz aka Smooth E, Craig Wright and Julie Hermelin
Vodka Latka: A Festival of Rights
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
El Rey Theater
5515 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA. 90036
$12 if you buy now at
vodka latka tickets
$15 Day of Show
8PM Cocktails & Latkas
9PM Festival of Rights Menorah Lighting
9:30PM Heaping Hanukkah
10:30PM Golem
5 comments:
I have, like, checked this every day. And that is kinda weird, and really disturbing, for all parts involved. I mean, you can just see me sitting in front of my dead mother's beautiful make-up mirror, carefully applying my offical "Jills Solway" wig and saying "I am a pretty girl, I am a pretty girl" whilst brushing the ravishing locks of hair.
Sorry, lost my point.
Anways, I love you and I am so happy that you keep blogging. I have loved you since Courtney Cox's asshole, through Six Feet, and now Shiny Women finally came in an gargantuan package from amazon with all the other crap I am super interested in.
And that thing, have you ever had a penis in your mouth and thought, oh my god, I have a penis in my mouth? Well, I laughed so hard, I almost had a spontaneous orgasm.
So now I can never give head again, because I'll burst out laughing, which means I would choke on someone's penis.
thanks for checking it every day alexander. you are my number one fan, even if you are in bosnia. becky ultimately apologized to me at a party and we hugged but for all intents and purposes our friendship kinda ended. which is so weird because we were friends for many many years, trulye inspiring each other. i wrote courtney cox's asshole for her and only her, so that she could perform it, and it truly changed my life, having her out there as this muse upon whom to project my funniest me.
now that we both have kids, perhaps it is our images of oursleves as mothers that define us more than our ideas of ourselves as artists. anyway if i have anything good to say i will start to blog again. and does anyone besides you really read this stuff?
This is so you.Be both an artist and a mother. I can certainly see why you would feel more defined by being a mother, seeing how it is such a consuming, everyday part of your life. But the vision, which defines the artistry... Well, in my opinion, which is really all I can give, the vision is extendable to every faucet of your life.
I mean, I would really like to have an artist mother.
It's so phony when people who are on huge grants or live off their modell mom's money go around being arty. The real artist is the mother with the vision.
PS: Don't think so. But that doesn't mean anything.
It is always better to blog, than not to blog. I for one want to hear what goes on inside the mind of the woman who wrote "Courtney Cox's asshole."
Uggh, the mommy wars, what can you do? Don't people know you don't fight in blog comments? If you're that angry you should get your own blog and spew your own messages. When you visit someone else's blog, you should leave polite notes like a good visitor, or politely disagree and leave it at that.
So please, tell us stories. We'll be good.
don't harsh on kendra, she's just a silly baby. some day she'll grow up and have her own captn morgan ad too...
Post a Comment