Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Did You Know I was the Daughter of a Princess?


I am! My mom, Elaine Soloway, just published her new book, The Division Street Princess. It is available for purchase on Amazon TODAY!!!!
Right here!


The Division Street Princess is set on Division Street in Chicago, long before it was trendy and smack in the middle of when it was a post-shtetl urban jew 'hood. My mama's book takes you right there, to the center of it all. Her book is so beautifully written, with every little detail perfectly captured... the cigar smoke, the chicken fat, the scratchy radio, the uncles named Hy and Nate, the various Minnies and Roses and front stoops and dangerous Italian boys...

Speaking of mamas, have you ever thought, I wish I could get my mom a book like Jill's, except for the fact that my mom thinks it's very, very rude to discuss bowel movements in public? Worry not. Forget that last minute phone call the Friday before mom's day to your sister saying HAVE YOU GOTTEN ANYTHING YET???!!!! You are but
One-Click away from successfully completing all of your Mother's Day obligations. And most importantly, at the moment, my mother's Amazon ranking is nearly 100,000 better than mine, so, in the spirit of Mother Love, let's keep it that way.

I loved her book, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

2 comments:

Elaine Soloway said...

How fantastic! Thanks sweetheart. I'll send some friends to your blog so they can enjoy your other posts.

Alexander said...

I love your review of this book on amazon, Ms. Soloway. And now I listened to the audiocommentary with you and Francis(like I know her) and it was really wonderful.